Thursday, October 21, 2010

Technology continued

I posted earlier about my technology class and the new "weapons" I have to use on my unsuspecting students. We went over student support materials and how to make those cool forms you can fill out on the computer. I had always wondered how they were made. Now I know. Well, kind of. It's a lot of steps and I didn't catch all of them. I'm going to try it out and let you know how it goes. I'll be checking out tutorials on the web for this.

As i get ready to create tests i have to think about what will really demonstrate an understanding of the concept? What questions do you ask? What testing format will lend itself best to evaluate their learning? Do i go with the standard mathematics equation test or word problems? The News letter and Power Point projects were good evaluation tools. Is that enough? I like the idea of a learning journal/blog. I guess the medium we use, paper or internet, will depend on the resources my students have.

I like the wide range of student support options I have: Youtube, Power Point,and Prezi, to name a few. I don't think the boring lecture with worksheets is my style at all. I think there are several interactive websites for math as well. Hopefully they will have technology resources available at the school I teach. What are my options if they don't? How can I get resources in the schools through the community and local businesses? I'm getting a lot of answers in my classes, but there seem to be more questions that pop up with the answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment